Product Knowledge Training, by Lisa VanBockern
Description: You will learn about each retail and professional fruit enzyme, peel and mask! Experienced Skin Script aestheticians are encouraged to re-attend to collaborate with your peers on how you use each Skin Script product and your experience with them. We encourage our existing clients to send your new aestheticians or receptionists to learn how to use and recommend these products. Of course, our training is open for all new and interested aestheticians as well. Free. Lunch provided. Please e-mail to register or call 480-543-1121.
“Skin-Tensive” Two Day Training, by Dave Waggoner
This class is dedicated to the skin care professional who is seeking further knowledge in advanced skin care related topics. Our goal is to help you become a critically thinking aesthetician who treats the root cause of the issue not just the symptoms. This training includes:
1) A review of the layers of the skin and what happens in each layer; treatment considerations that address each layer.
2) Cellular mitosis and the creation of bi-layers; do you understand why our oil/water (bi-layers) are so critical to be aligned to prevent trans-epidermal water loss, which results in milia, keratinized skin, acne.
3) Melanogenesis and Pigmentation issues; do you understand the difference between melasma and hyperpigmentation; do you have the ability to explain the difference to your clients and set reasonable expectations?
4) Fibroblast proliferation; why are we seeing the on-set of premature wrinkles in the skin? UV rays are one culprit, but how do we recognize and repair depleted/damaged collagen?
5) A discussion on acne and the causes of each type of acne; why do we have slow moving sebum within the follicle wall, why do we have papular acne, why do we have pustular acne? Once you understand the reason for the types of acne, you can treat the root cause, not just topically treat the skin.
6) Chemistry terms; do you understand your label ingredients?
7) Business development; how are you marketing yourself? Do you use social media? Are you using your skills effectively to recommend product and series of treatment so you have long-lasting clients?
Come ready for a fast-paced, intensive and fun-filled 2 day training where you will rediscover your love and passion for skincare! This advanced “skin-tensive” two day class is designed to help you bridge the gap of your previous learning and link it to new and exciting information that will open doors to your professional success. Treatment options will also be demonstrated. The Skin Script 2 day Advanced Skin-Tensive Class is not to be missed!
This training is free. Call 480-543-1121 or e-mail email@example.com to reserve your seat at one of our trainings.
Skin Analysis & Acne, by Dave Waggoner & Lisa VanBockern
This comprehensive one day class investigates the extensive and sometimes confusing concepts of skin analysis and acne. Through your skin analysis you will learn how to recognize various acneic conditions and develop treatment strategies to achieve optimum results. This class also reviews vocabulary for describing various skin disorders.
- April 21, 2014 9am-4pm Tempe, AZ
- June 16, 2014 9am-4pm Tempe, AZ
Superficial Peeling Class, by Dave Waggoner & Lisa VanBockern
This hands-on training workshop is designed to help you discover the different types of superficial chemical peels available such as Glycolic, Lactic, Salicylic and, TCA ; when to use them, their differences, and how they work. We will explore factors affecting skin health and rejuvenation as well as conducting a comprehensive client history, effective skin analysis, and developing an individualized plan for treatment of aged, acneic and pigmented skin. Contraindications to treatment and management of adverse events will also be covered. You will also learn how to incorporate other modalities such as microdermabrasion, dermaplaning and dermafiling in conjunction with your peel sessions. Class participants will perform and receive a superficial chemical peel.
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss anatomical layers of the integumentary system
- Describe both intrinsic and extrinsic factors that can affect the outcome of a chemical peel
- Identify components of history, assessment, skin analysis, and treatment indications
- Identify safety issues, contraindications, complication and precautions of chemical peels
- Incorporate Chemical Peeling with other exfoliation methods
- Demonstrate the Chemical Peel procedure (using Lactic, Glycolic, Salicylic, or TCA)
- Develop a customized treatment series and homecare
Class fee: $25; one-time charge that covers all products used during class. A list of class necessities will be addressed during the registration process.
Location: Tempe, Arizona Sales and Training Office
- Monday, April 28, 2014 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (One hour lunch break. There are many restaurants close to our office, or you may bring your own.)
- Monday, June 30, 2014 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (One hour lunch break. There are many restaurants close to our office, or you may bring your own.)
Abundance & Budgeting: Webinar with Lisa VanBockern and Dave Waggoner
Dave and Lisa come together in this unique webinar which discusses abundance and budgeting. Dave will speak about raising your vibration and releasing your energetic blocks so you can start achieving as much abundance as you want and deserve. Discover how your thoughts direct and manifest your reality. By developing an Attitude of Gratitude you will attract the abundance you seek! Lisa will speak about having a passion for aesthetics, but translating that passion into a successful business by budgeting and managing your finances to achieve peace and harmony in your life.
The Critically Thinking Aesthetician: Webinar
Do you ever get stuck on how to treat skin? Do you have trouble applying your skin care education to the treatment? This webinar helps to transition classroom theory into real life experience. We at Skin Script love education, but the next step is having the ability to apply education to the treatment room. In this webinar we re-imagine the intake form which will give you deeper insight into your client’s history, current skin state, and skin care goals. We will demonstrate how to critically assess your client through an intake form which will help you draw upon your own education, experiences, and product knowledge to create a treatment plan. Also covered in this webinar is the technique known as mind mapping. By learning this simple technique you uncover your underlying education and the potential to apply it through critical thinking.
Product Knowledge Webinars, by Lisa VanBockern
Retail Product Webinar: Prescribe with confidence! Learn about each retail product and which is best suited for each skin condition. 45 minutes. Free. Click below to register.
- April 30, 2014 9am PDT Registration (please note this is Pacific Time)
- May 13, 2014 9am PDT Registration (please note this is Pacific Time)
- May 28, 2014 9am PDT Registration (please note this is Pacific Time)
Professional Product Webinar: Learn about each enzyme, mask and chemical peel and which is best suited for each skin condition. This session also includes instruction on the 8-week protocol for treating melasma and hyperpigmentation. 45 minutes. Free. Click below to register.
- April 30, 2014 10am PDT Registration (please note this is Pacific Time)
- May 13, 2014 10am PDT Registration (please note this is Pacific Time)
- May 28, 2014 10am PDT Registration (please note this is Pacific Time)
Skin Care ReBoot, by Dave Waggoner
This is a 3-day training class. See the description below.
Do you hold an Aesthetics or Cosmetology License but have never used it? Did life get in the way of your skincare career aspirations and now you feel like the skincare world has passed you by? Are you confused or unclear about skin histology, exfoliation methods, and peels?
Skin Script has developed a comprehensive three-session class titled “Skincare Reboot” that focuses on the licensed professional who wants support in skincare concepts. There is a process to gain admission to this career changing class.
Licensed professionals who are interested in this class should contact Dave Waggoner directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. This class is limited to 10 participants.
Class fee: $45; one-time charge that covers all products used during class. A list of class necessities will be addressed during the registration process.
Next Class: June 7, 8 & 9 Tempe, AZ
Saturday, 9:00 – 4:00: Histology, Skin Analysis, Exfoliation Methods, the Classic Facial
Sunday, 9:00 – 4:00: Acne, Extractions, Acne Treatments
Monday, 9:00 – 4:00: Hyperpigmentation, Peeling Methods, Effective Marketing Techniques
Advanced Webinars, by Dave Waggoner
In this series of webinars, Skin Script addresses advanced topics relating to skin histology, common skin conditions and how to treat those conditions. Each webinar is designed to be a challenging and intensive segment which will provide the skincare therapist a deeper understanding and appreciation of the complex integumentary system. Click below for a detailed description and to register.
- Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9am PDT: Advanced Skin Histology: Do you need a refresher class in the layers of the skin? This overview will remind you of the 3 layers of the integumentary system and the interconnectedness of each. Also covered are specialized cells and their function within each layer.
- Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9am PDT: Enzyme Extravaganza: This webinar reviews and discusses enzymes and their systemic importance. Topics include: Dermal Enzymes, a discussion of Impaired Enzyme Activity, topical applications of enzymes and nutrition
- Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9am PDT: Rethinking Skin Types: In this session we will rethink skin types and how they relate to skin conditions. Skin color, texture and secretions will also be introduced.
- Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9am PDT: Maintaining the Skin’s Barrier Defense System: Traditionally known as our first line of defense the skins’ intricate barrier is a complete eco-system. In this lecture, we will discover the common (and not so common) concerns that can upset this delicate balance.
- Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9am PDT: Treating Seasonal Skin Conditions:Whether spring, summer, fall or winter each season can wreak havoc on your clients skin. This session addresses seasonal changes and how you can help keep your clients’ skin protected and healthy all year long.
- Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9am PDT: The Chemistry Connection: This webinar is dedicated to the skincare professional wanting a deeper understanding of ingredient systems. This lesson covers how products relate to cells and systems of the skin.
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9am PDT: The Lymphatic and Immune System:This webinar covers the interplay between the circulatory system and the lymphatic system. The Immune Response will be discussed in depth. We will also cover the three main functions of the Lymphatic System.
- Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9am PDT: Addressing Skin Texture: The texture of the epidermis is at the top of the list when it comes to client concerns. This lesson will discuss topics such as structural integrity, skin density, loss of adhesion, resiliency, elastin recoil and glycation.
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9am PDT: Treating Vascular Conditions:Vascular conditions are usually easy to identify, but much harder for the skincare therapist to treat. Log on to this webinar to unravel the mysteries that surround troubling vascular conditions.
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9am PDT: Melanogenesis and Pigmentation:This webinar is packed with information pertaining to the physiology of the cells and systems associated with skin conditions relating to pigmentation. In this webinar you will discover new ideas regarding our nemesis—hyperpigmentation.
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9am PDT: Addressing Acne: This intensive webinar will help the learner establish and differentiate between the various grades of acne. The acid mantle and its flora will be reviewed as well as a discussion of the inflammatory response.
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9am PDT: The Wound Healing Process:Becoming familiar and understanding the Wound Healing process is crucial for today’s skincare therapist. Two types of wounding will be discussed: ablative and non-ablative.
Upcoming Trade Shows
- June 21-23, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
- August 24 & 25, 2014 San Jose, CA
- September 7 & 8, 2014 Long Beach, CA
- October 19 & 20, 2014 Philadelphia, PA